Aerial adventure parks have been rapidly growing in popularity over the past few years and if you’ve never experienced one, you’re probably wondering what all the hype is about. After the pandemic hit, people have been looking for something new and exciting to do while being outdoors. Aerial adventure parks are a great place for people of all ages to have fun with your friends or family while being outdoors and also provides a fun and unique way to get your workout in.
Aside from the thrill of adventure, views from new heights, and amazing photo opportunities, there are a ton of health benefits to climbing through the trees at an aerial adventure park! I mean, what’s a better excuse than improving your health to try something new?
- Fun and unique workout – The CDC (Center of Disease Control) recommends that adults get a least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity per week. Aerial adventure parks give you a unique way to get your physical activity in and use muscles you may otherwise not use on a daily basis. Plus, it’s a lot better than going to the gym and keeps you outdoors! While climbing through the tree tops, you’ll use a mix of upper body and lower body strength while engaging your core. You’ll get your cardio and strength training in all while having fun with your friends and family.
- Improve balance and flexibility – Empower Adventure Park at Nomads offers 5 courses varying in difficulty from beginner all the way to our most difficult “Black” course. As you adventure through the park, you will cross various obstacles that will both test and help you improve your balance and flexibility. By building and improving these various muscle systems, you will also decrease the risk of future injuries.
- Build stronger relationships – Climbing at aerial adventure parks is fun and exciting, and also a very emotional experience to share with your friends or family. These are the memories you will share and talk about for a lifetime. It’s not uncommon for people to have anxiety or fears when climbing for the first time but having your friends or family to support you and conquer your fears, will bring you closer together.
- Reduce Stress – Breath in the fresh air and soak up the sun. Getting sunlight and fresh air is scientifically proven to help reduce stress levels by helping to clear your mind. Increasing your oxygen levels improves your brain function and in turn, makes you feel more energized and awake by cleansing toxins from your respiratory system. Vitamin D is also a critical part of your immune system; spending time in the sun daily can help strengthen it. A healthy immune system can help reduce the risk of illness, infections, and some cancers. Not to mention the views from 65 feet up will help take your focus away from the stress of everyday life.
- Increase your self-esteem – Here at Empower Adventure Park at Nomads, we are all about empowering others through adventure activities. Trying new things and succeeding at accomplishing them, will increase your self-esteem and make you feel like you can do anything! Many people will avoid zip lining and climbing due to their fear of heights but we can assure you that we are 100% safe, 100% of the time. Can you imagine a world where we all let our fears hold us back from trying something new? If you can conquer your fears, you can do anything. It takes 2 seconds of courage to do something you never thought was possible.